Healthy Pancake Syrup

I know what you are thinking, that it is impossible to have healthy pancake syrup.  

But I have come up with one that is just fabulous.  Today I had no raw honey available in my home.  It appeared to me that I did have some energizing honey with nuts, Nigella sativa, bee pollen and ginseng though.  

Although I do not recommend heating honey, in this case I did warm it slightly.  I placed a little in a pan and placed it on low heat in the oven to slightly warm and make it spreadable.  After I finished cooking my pancakes, I drizzled a bit of this wonderful honey on top of my pancakes and dug in.  It is so delicious and healthy.

Here is a recipe for pancakes (I use whole wheat flour, but you can use white if you please):

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat oats
  • 1/4 apple
  • 3/4 cups almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 Tablespoon honey
  • Dash salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon oil or clarified butter (ghee) 

Directions:

Put all the above ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed.  Pour the batter in a hot skillet sprayed with non-stick spray.  You can use this same batter for waffles or French Toast Also. Top with the syrup below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.