Nigella sativa (black cumni), an annual flowering plant that grows to 20-30cm tall, is native to Asia and the Middle East. The flowers of this plant are very delicate and pale colored and white. The seeds are used in Middle Eastern cooking, such as in their local breads. The seeds are also used by thousands for their natural healing abilities.
Black Cumin is considered to be the greatest healing herb of our time and it has been much neglected. It is being used to strengthen the immune system, fight and irradiate Prostate, pancreatic, breast and bone cancers and other tumors, purify the blood and increase longevity. Black seed was found in King Tut's tomb, proving the value of this herb to the Kings.
Name Black Cumin
Scientific Name Nigella Sativa
Native Where Asia and the Middle East
English Black Cumin, Nigella Sativa, Black Seeds,
German Echter Schwarzkummel
Blugarian Posevna or Chelebitka
Sri Lanka Kaladuro
Russian Černuška Posevnaja
Arabic Haba Al Barakah
Indonesia Jintan Hitam
Malaysia Jintan Hitam
Chinese Hak Jung Chou
Plant Growth Habit Flowering Herb - in the family Ranunculaceae
Grows Best In Full Sun
Soil Regular watering required, but grows in most soils.
Plant Size 30 to 50cm tall
Seed Color White and then turns black when mature
Flavor and Aroma Bitter and Pungent. Taste neutral when heated.
- Manganese, Mn 8.53 mg (370.87%)
- Copper, Cu 2.6 mg (288.89%)
- Iron, Fe 9.7 mg (121.25%)
- Total Fat (lipid) 31.16 g (89.03%)
- Phosphorus, P 543 mg (77.57%)
- Magnesium, Mg 265 mg (63.10%)
- Calcium, Ca 570 mg (57.00%)
- Zinc, Zn 6.23 mg (56.64%)
- Protein 22.8 g (45.60%)
- Potassium, K 808 mg (17.19%)
- Total dietary Fiber 6.03 g (15.87%)
- Sodium, Na 17.6 mg (1.17%)
- Weight loss
- Protects the Digestion
- Anti-fungal activity
- Reduces Seizures
- Boosts the Immune System
- Treatment for MRSA
- Protect Against Heart Disease
- Protects the Kidneys and Prevents Kidney Stones
- Treats Migraines and Headaches
- Prevents Gray Hair and Balding
- Hardens the Nails
- Treatment for Alzheimer's and Parkinson
Best Seeds From Where?
Recent research shows that best seeds are kalonji, not Egyptian as written about so much.
Heated or Not?
Research shows that seeds heated between 50c and 150c were able to treat cancer better than seeds over 150c. Seeds heated at 200c and above were useless as were raw seeds.
Where Can I Purchase Black Cumin?